The 44th Annual Barrett-Jackson took place over ten days this January in sunny Scottsdale, Arizona… and what a blast I had! My Engine Answerman team was in full force, representing STA-BIL and 303 Products, all while taking in the amazing breadth of vehicles available over the week of auctions!
Highlighting the auction this year was the incredible Ron Pratte Collection, which consisted of around 140 vehicles worth nearly $45 million dollars collectively! A few shots of my favorite offerings…
Last year there were around 300,000 people in attendance but this year there were around 350,000! Visitors came from all over the U.S and Canada and I had a great time talking to folks about STA-BIL® as well as checking out the amazing vehicles.
Overall, the show set a world record of over $6.5 million dollars in automobilia sold. Criag Jackson, the chairman and CEO of Barrett-Jackson, said “Everyone who attended this year’s Scottsdale auction was a part of automotive history.”
The top 10 cars sold in Scottsdale included:
- 1966 Shelby Cobra 427 Super Snake (Lot #2509) – $5.1 million
- 1950 GM Futurliner Parade of Progress Tour Bus (Lot #2501) – $4 million
- 1954 Pontiac Bonneville Special Motorama Concept Car (Lot #2500) – $3.3 million
- 1949 Talbot-Lago T-26 Grand Sport Franay (Lot #5087) – $1.65 million
- 1965 Shelby Cobra 427 Roadster (Lot #5090) – $1.595 million
- 1955 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Gullwing (Lot #5075) – $1.1 million
- 1937 Mercedes-Benz 320B Cabriolet (Lot #5086) – $1.045 million
- 1936 Delahaye “Whatthehaye” Street-Rod (Lot #2515) – $671,000
- 1991 Ferrari F40 (Lot #5071) – $643,500
- 1953 Mercedes-Benz 300S Cabriolet (Lot #5076) – $643,500
Barrett-Jackson 2015 was truly an awesome experience! Enjoy some more photos from my friends at Cool Rides Online!
Powered by Facebook Comments